We are looking for a Head Waiter who can uphold our high standard of level of service, to take orders and deliver food and beverages to our guests. The right Server uplifts the dining experience for guests. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role.
Head waiter responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill.
Are you able to perform well in fast-paced environments? We’d like to meet you.
To be a successful Head waiter, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals. You will also have to be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our kitchen staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
• Proven restaurant serving or waiter experience in fine dining
• Hands-on experience in cashier duties
• Attention to cleanliness and safety
• Patience and customer-oriented approach
• Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude
• Responsible and trustworthy
• Fluency in English required
• Speaking Dutch and/or French is a plus
• Greet and escort guests to their tables
• Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
• Wine knowledge required for the pairings
• Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
• Offer menu recommendations upon request
• Up-sell additional products when appropriate
• Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or by memorization
• Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
• Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
• Serve food and drink orders
• Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
• Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
• Deliver checks and collect bill payments
• Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
• Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
• Provide excellent customer service to guests
Salary €1800-2000 monthly gross with around 300e of tips per month and potential for accommodation for <€500.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on +31 6 34 10 50 62